Saturday, May 9, 2020

Loveletter to Mom

Dear Mom...
I never quite understood when you used to tell me how much you missed picking up the phone and talking to your Mom.  I wasn't able to understand because you can't understand until the day you lose your Mom.  It doesn't matter how old you are, the loss is always there.

I like to say that your Mom is always with you in your mind and your heart.  My mind remembers all of the nights playing your version of gin rummy until Dad came home from working graveyard.  Your special type of humor showing up while you talked on the CB radio or with your close friends.  I remember watching you play out in the yard until you almost collapsed with exhaustion only to get up the next day and do the same thing.  It was something else to watch you with that first computer and those that followed.  You taught yourself word processing, spreadsheets, databases and publishing. My mind still sees you sitting at the piano playing and singing song after song with the door open.  People walking along the road used to stop and listen.  I can still see you singing and filling up the church with your voice.  I can hear your laughter and jokes and even your irritation.  Anything that you did, you did it to the best of your ability.  You lived your life with passion, humor and love for your family.  There are a lifetime of memories that play in my head. They are wonderful gifts for our family to always treasure.


I miss laying my head down on your chest and feeling your arms around me.  You left a permanent impression on so many lives from your family to friends.  So many have a story to tell about something you said or did.  So, I hope that you are enjoying your Mother's day this weekend with all the women that meant so much to you during your lifetime.  I sure miss them all...but most of all, I miss you!     Happy Mother's Day!







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing. That is so beautiful! I hope all those great memories bring you comfort on mothers day.

    ReplyDelete